Viper 4 (NEW)
The Viper 4 is our Paramotor competition wing designed for advanced pilots only. The Viper 4 can be used for classic or slalom competition tasks, and is a highly efficient and versatile performance PPG wing. It is an evolution of the V3, with a 3-line design, unsheathed lines, and a new profile. In thermal conditions its behavior is similar to a paragliding wing, with excellent climb and glide performance and with progressive and intuitive handling that transmits moderate feedback to the pilot.
While the core mission of the V3 was performance flying, the Viper 4 is more suitable for dynamic and slalom competition flying, thanks to a higher top speed with more stability across the entire speed range. Furthermore, a totally new riser system has increased both speed range and refined control in accelerated flight. A new PK system is built into the risers, and a 2D steering system with an additional pulley to install custom steering modifications for competition slalom flying.
The V4 PK system connects the accelerator and trim system on the risers. This yields a higher top speed (greater range of acceleration) with the same amount of travel in the accelerator.
In the V4 2D steering system, the brake line and tip steering line (TST) are connected to the main brake handle. This system allows the pilot to isolate control of the wingtip (TST), or the center of the trailing edge, or both together.
The V4 Slalom steering system for competition flying was developed by Alex Mateos several years ago and has helped to make him one of the most successful PPG Slalom competition pilots in the history of the sport. We think this is the safest and most reliable slalom steering system available. Here is a video showing how to install this steering system.
During the development of the Sirocco and Spyder, we saw the advantages of lightweight materials in PPG wings. The V4 is designed with light weight fabric on the bottom surface. The lighter sail means increased overall performance, more agile and responsive handling, easy inflation, and effortless ground handling.
Overall, the V4 is a powerful tool for the most experienced PPG pilots who are looking to add competition results to their flying careers. Emilia, Alex, and the OZONE R&D Team thoroughly enjoyed the development of this new design, and we are confident that you will be impressed by all it delivers.
|No. of Cells||62||62||62||62||62||62||62|
|Flat Area (m2)||14||15||16||18||20||22||24|
|Proj Area (m2)||12||12.8||13.7||15.4||17.1||18.8||20.5|
|Flat Span (m)||9.01||9.33||9.64||10.22||10.77||11.3||11.8|
|Proj Span (m)||7.18||7.44||7.68||8.15||8.59||9||9.41|
|Glider Weight (kg)||3.3||3.5||3.6||4.1||4.25||4.55||4.77|
|Certified Weight Range (kg)||55-90||55-90||55-90||65-95||75-105||85-115||95-125|
|PPG Weight Range (kg)||55-120||55-120||55-130||65-140||75-150||85-160||95-170|
|Load test (5.25G)||256kg||256kg||256kg||256kg||256kg||256kg||256kg|
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF
- Bottom Surface Cloth: Skytex 27 Classic
- Rib cloth: Dominico 30D FM / Skytex 27 Hard
- Lines: Edelrid 8000U series
The Viper series has always been designed to be the very best. The 4th generation is an evolution of the Viper3, to achieve the best all rounder competition wing possible for every task possible.
It retains the untouchable high level of efficiency, but offers now all the features and abilities to be perfect choice for Slalom tasks.
- New profile, offers more structural stability, smoother feel in turbulence and more confidence at high speeds.
- Line positioning for more stability at low angle of attacks.
- Reduced AR in order to have a shorter span to increase the agility for sharper turns in Slalom.
- Lighter sail to minimize the inertia of the sail, freeing up the control of your wing, making any input translate in a quicker result, and resulting in quicker change of direction in Slalom.
- Inflation is also greatly improved – it becomes a dream to launch!
- Shorter lines to also increase the roll authority to allow faster change of directions.
- The panel’s shaping have been refined to make the wing even cleaner.
- The inside structure has also been modified to get more sail’s cohesion in order to achieve higher top speeds.
- We have 3D shaping and the use of plastic on the LE to make the smoothest surface possible. This translates into more efficiency thanks of an important drag reduction.
- Risers with PK system redefined by OZONE. The system is a 1:2 PK which is safer and more user friendly than the original one. Also the trimmers are always operational, so anytime you can adjust to your personal taste or to the task you need which is not possible with other brand’s PK risers.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!