Apco Aviation Vista II sp
The VISTA II SP is APCO's first 3-liner. Intended to continue the Vista legacy, this totally new wing has been completely redesigned and fully equipped to meet the challenges of today's market.
Our main effort concentrated on reducing the drag on all fronts to achieve significant performance and L/D gain. The common alternative of taking the easy route, chasing higher aspect ratio wing, which sometimes leads to problematic handling and questionable security was something we dismissed from the start.
We believe the results are evident. Using the 3 line concept (saving of more than 100 m. lines) + drag reducing bullet risers and minimal drag integrated hook up points were our tools of choice to achieve Performance Improvement of over one point in L/D compared to Vista.
Building VISTA II SP we implemented all the latest technology available at APCO, to create the wing to beat the competition on all parameters, making it lighter than most rival gliders, but faster and sweeter, without sacrificing any of APCO's legendary tradition in wing durability and longevity.
- DESIGN FEATURES
- TECHNICAL DATA
- COLOR OPTIONS
- CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
- Bullet risers® revolutionary, unique zero drag design, exclusive to APCO
- HIT valve® for improved internal pressure, stability and expanded speed range
- Flexon battens® for improved launch, lighter weight, prolonged lifespan
- 3 row line construction (for reduced drag - 100 m. line saving)
- Flexon battens® for rear section profile support - further performance improvement, drag reduction and smooth handling
- Minimal drag embedded top line gallery for extra bonus on drag - (lines warranted for life)
- New hi-tech profile - further evolution of Vista
- Split A riser
- APCO's traditional double coated cloth
- Advanced diagonal rib structure
- Butt Holes
- Heavy duty Technora lines
- All metal parts Stainless Steel or Aluminium
- Neodynium brake magnets
- Swivel on the brake handle to eliminate line twist
BULLET risers®, Flexon battens® , HIT Valves ® , and minimal drag embedded lines® are exclusive APCO innovations, often imitated, never matched!!
|Area (projected) [m2]||21.9||22.7||24.2||25.7|
|Span (incl. Stabiliser) [m]||11.34||11.64||12.24||12.84|
|Span (projected) [m]||9.07||9.31||9.79||10.27|
|Aspect Ratio (projected)||3.76||3.82||3.97||4.10|
|Pilot Weight (all up) [kg]||55-80||75-95||90-110||105-130|
|Canopy Weight [kg]||5.7||6.0||6.3||6.6|
|Root Chord [m]||2.87||2.87||2.87||2.87|
|Tip Chord [m]||0.69||0.69||0.69||0.69|
|Length of Lines on B [m]||6.46||6.64||7.08||7.52|
|Total Length of Lines [m]||241||250||267||284|
|Extra-Small||EN Test based Manufacturers test|
|Small||EN - B|
|Medium||EN - B|
|Large||EN - B|
|Min Sink [m/s]||1.0|
|Sail Cloth||42 g/m2 "Zero Porosity" Ripstop Nylon|
|Warranty||3 years / 250 Hours|
|Material||Diameter [mm]||Strength [kg]|
|Brakes Cascade/ St. Top||Dyneema||1.1||95|
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!