Apco Aviation LIBRA
Are you an ambitious cross-country pilot, who wants to have a glider that makes you feel at home from the first moment?Are you a competitive pilot, who wont compromise on safety and still wants the best performance around?Are you an uncompromising pilot, when it comes to handling?In short arent you the best and deserve the best?
Then the LIBRA is the perfect glider for you!
LIBRA is our latest cross country high-performance glider, which has the finest handling ever made by APCO. Intensive work on research and development made the LIBRA a flawless combination of excellent safety and high-performance, a balance unmatched previously.
LIBRA's performance is a result of a super-low drag design, incorporating embedded minimal drag top line cascade (pioneered by APCO), "zero drag" revolutionary Bullet risers (first ever - will be copied by all!!!) and drastically reduced total line length. Carefully crafted efficient profile also plays an important role in delivering the performance you expect from APCO. It will excite you from the first moment you take flight.
The performance of LIBRA has been compared and proved superior to gliders in its Class, even surpassing the performance of some hottest ships from rival companies.
Tired of wasting your time, struggling to stay at the top? Your flying time is a precious commodity. Enjoy your play time to the fullest with the most sensational of APCOs creations - LIBRA!
The Libra comes in an ergonomic rucksack incl. an inner stuff bag, compression strap, spares kit, owner's manual and an industry first 3 yr/250 hr warranty - all as standard.
- DESIGN FEATURES
- TECHNICAL DATA
- COLOR OPTIONS
- CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
- New hi-tech profile result of APCOs intensive research - further improvement of Vista's profile
- Embedded minimum drag top Dyneema lines unsheathed (lifetime guarantee) - pioneered by APCO
- Top and bottom surface color design
- Bullet risers - revolutionary, unique zero drag design, exclusive to APCO
- Accelerated flight brake compensator for wider speed range
- APCO traditional double-coated cloth for extended durability
- All metal parts Stainless Steel or Aluminium
- Neodymium brake magnets - Strong grip and fool-proof use
- Brake line connected to handle via swivels to eliminate line twists
- Advanced diagonal rib structure
- Flexon battens system for ultimate durability
- Heavy-duty Technora® lines
- Reduced intake size, optimising performance, inflation characteristics and reopening behaviour
- Advanced, internal rib structure to prevent deformation of the sail and total line length reduction
|Area (projected) [m2]||22.79||23.53||25.01||26.49|
|Span (projected) [m]||9.94||10.22||10.78||11.34|
|Aspect Ratio (projected)||4.35||4.45||4.65||4.85|
|Pilot Weight (all up) [kg]||55-75||70-95||85-110||100-130|
|Canopy Weight [kg]||5.8||6.0||6.3||6.6|
|Root Chord [m]||2.71||2.71||2.71||2.71|
|Tip Chord [m]||0.54||0.54||0.54||0.54|
|Length of Lines on B [m]||7.15||7.4||7.9||8.4|
|Total Length of Lines [m]||335||342||360||378|
|Extra-Small||EN Test based Manufacturers test|
|Small||EN - C (trim & accelerated)|
|Medium||EN - C (trim & accelerated)|
|Large||EN - C (trim & accelerated)|
|Min Sink [m/s]||0.9|
|Sail Cloth||42 g/m2 "Zero Porosity" Ripstop Nylon|
|Rib Reinforcement||FLEXON® batten system|
|Warranty||3 years / 250 Hours|
|Material||Diameter [mm]||Strength [kg]|
|Top cascade + stab.top||Dyneema||1.0||90|
|Mid cascade + stab.||Super Aramid||1.2||120|
|Bottom A3;A5;B3;B5||Super Aramid||1.8||230|
|Bottom A1;B1||Super Aramid||1.9||320|
|Bottom C ; D||Super Aramid||1.5||150|
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!